The current Entry-level Kindleand $ 9 less than the $ 80 asking price of the Paperwhite.e-reader has , $ 59 off its $ 130 list price. The price drop, available only on Sundays, is the lowest price we’ve seen on this version of the Paperwhite, which launched in November 2018. That’s actually $ 19 less than reduction.
If you are buying from someone looking for a, This is a great thing. The Paperwhite is the Goldilocks in the Amazon vein, and an enthusiastic choice of CNET editors. Here’s why we love it:
- It is 10% thinner and lighter than the previous version.
- It has a “flush front” design with a back made of a softer, more grippy material rather than hard plastic.
- It is completely waterproof, like the high-end. , and it has a plastic screen that Amazon says is resistant to tears and scratches.
- It has built-in Bluetooth for integration with Amazon’s Audible audiobook service.
- While the Kindle app is available on phones and tablets, the Kindle offers weeks of battery life and a paper-like display that can read in direct sunlight.
You can choose to get the Paperwhite with three free months ofservice (think “Netflix for books”) or not. Plus, you can take advantage of Amazon’s trade-in offer, which could cut the already low price by up to 20%.
It’s always possible that Amazon will update the Paperwhite this year or next, but it’s unclear when or how much the update will be. For example, USB-C charging could be added and perhaps the lighting scheme could be updated. The device could also get a bit thinner.
Read the full.
Originally published last year. Updated with new sale price.