Alec Baldwin hands over cell phone to police in Rust investigation

0
6

Nearly a month after authorities obtained a court order for the test, actor Alec Baldwin complied with the request.

Alec Baldwin turned his cell phone over to Long Island police on Friday, nearly a month after authorities obtained a warrant for the device following a fatal shooting on the movie set. Oxide, according to officials.

The 63-year-old actor turned in his phone, which is believed to contain information about the death of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins in October, to the Suffolk County Sheriff’s Office on Friday morning, a spokesman for the sheriff’s office said. Santa Fe County Sheriff. New York Post.

“They will conduct the data extraction and then hand over the phone to us,” Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office Public Information Officer Juan Rios said.

But not everything on the star’s phone will be available during rehearsal, Rios said.

“There will be certain exempt information that is not considered relevant to the investigation, such as attorney-client privilege material, communications between Mr. Baldwin and his attorney, as well as spouse privilege information.”

The delivery comes a day after the Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office said in a press release that “to date, the cell phone has not been turned over to authorities.”

New Mexico police obtained a mobile warrant on Dec. 16, and the lead detective on the case quickly notified Baldwin’s attorney, police said.

But Baldwin couldn’t deliver it for weeks, forcing Santa Fe authorities to team up with the Suffolk County Sheriff’s Office on Long Island last week to get it.

On January 8, the actor posted a video on Instagram stating that he simply wanted to protect his private communications.

“Any suggestion that I’m not complying with requests or orders, or search warrants on my phone, that’s nonsense. That’s a lie,” Baldwin said in the video.

On January 8, the actor posted a video on Instagram stating that he simply wanted to protect his private communications.

“Any suggestion that I’m not complying with requests or orders, or search warrants on my phone, that’s nonsense. That’s a lie,” Baldwin said in the video.

“It is a process that takes time. They have to specify what exactly they want. They just can’t go through your phone and take, you know, your pictures or your love letters to your wife or whatever,” Baldwin said. “But of course we’re going to be 1,000 percent compliant with all of that. We’re, you know, perfectly fine with that.”

the 30 skirt The actor added that he and his lawyer were following a process when the authorities request evidence of a subject who lives out of state.

Baldwin shot Hutchins with a prop gun on the set of a western movie on Oct. 21 and later said in an interview with George Stephanopoulos that he did not pull the trigger.

Investigators also want to seize texts, photos, videos, emails and Internet browsing histories from the star’s phone, according to the warrant.

This article originally appeared on the New York Post and has been republished with permission

Originally published as Alec Baldwin finally hands over the cell phone to the police in the Rust investigation

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here