He possesses the kind of looks that are good enough to launch a lucrative acting career. So when Mister Fantastic (MF) embarked on a career-boosting effort that helped propel him onto the world stage, MF jumped at the chance and “almost” made it.
After all, MF is charming like no other, and he seems genuinely grateful to Happy Company (HC) responsible for the relative fame he enjoys at the moment. But, as the Veteran Journo (VJ) quickly realized, appearances can be deceiving, especially in the case of MF.
When VJ was setting up an interview with MF, all the initial negotiations went smoothly, until MF started making increasingly unreasonable demands.
First, MF didn’t want any mention of HC. Although VJ found the “demand” strange, he agreed not to talk about MF’s relationship with HC. So MF wanted pre-approved questions, so he said she could prepare well for the interview, and still VJ agreed.
But when MF started censoring VJ’s prepared questions, the latter stood his ground and canceled the interview altogether.
It’s a decision VJ is now relieved to have made, especially after MF was tasked with performing at a high-profile event and did so poorly. “Nagkalat”, as netizens rightly pointed out: MK was flat for much of his performance, his voice cracking a couple of times and he struggled to hit the high notes.
Has fame gone to your head? you bet. But it’s his once-promising acting skills that have gone out the window. Unsolicited advice from VJ to MF: Practice makes perfect! INQ
THE TOP OF THE TABLOIDS
This week’s top showbiz news from the tabloids (and why we’re moving, if we’re moving):
• Payo ni Maricel Laxa kay Donny Pangilinan: Sana maka-inspire kayo ng ibang tao, na maabot din nila ang kanilang mga pangarap. (Very wise words from mom.)
• Rita Ávila emphasizes two photos. (Kamirin.)
• Mike Enríquez scolded viral killers like Sharon Cuneta in Helen Gamboa; netizens tawang-tawa. (There’s nothing wrong with looking like your favorite aunt, right?)
• Angel Locsin in Kakampinks: Huwag kang manghina dahil ibinigay natin ang lahat… itinaya ang pangalan at oras. (As always, the voice of reason… and inspiration.)
• Arjo Atayde, Richard Gomez, Lucy Torres, Ejay Falcon, Vico Sotto, Aiko Melendez, James Yap, iba pang celebs nanguna sa Eleksyon 2022. (Showbiz and politics: How different are they from each other?)
• Ellen Adarna highlights side effects of breast implants, hirit ni Derek: ‘I miss your old boobs!’ (Oh, did he meet them too?)
• Hugot ni Chito Miranda: Bakit ba gulat na gulat yung was going na pinsan ko si Donny Pangilinan… Lamang lang siya sa ‘kin ng 2,000,000 paligo!? (Ilang gal kaya ‘yun?)
• Fanny Serrano pumanaw na sa age na 72. (Our condolences to Tita Fanny’s loved ones.)
The latest entertainment news straight to your inbox
subscribe to QUESTION MORE to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer and more than 70 other titles, share up to 5 devices, listen to the news, download from 4 am and share articles on social networks. Call 896-6000.