Cleaning checklist towards the conclusion of a lease
Cleaning up after tenants leave can be a time consuming taskbut it may be less expensive to hire a professional lease-end cleaner instead of doing it yourself.
Both landlords and tenants can use the following End of Lease Cleaning Cleaning checklist to ensure that no detail is overlooked in restoring the property to its original state.
Tenants must have them inventory report or record, ready before you start to make sure you have covered all the required details. For homeowners, it’s more about getting the house in the kind of shape that would help them attract tenants to come and visit.
Gather all the cleaning supplies you’ll need, including cleaning fluid for kitchens, bathrooms, and windows, as well as plenty of clothes and scouring pads, spray bottles, a mop, a bucket, and a good vacuum cleaner.
Since you’ll be using the kitchen during your cleanup, it’s best save the worst for last. Likewise, vacuum or mop the floor at the end of each room…obviously.
If you want to renovate your home, make sure you have the adequate renewal insurance in place before you begin.
Let us begin!
End of Lease Cleaning Checklist
#1 Ceilings, doors and walls
When cleaning walls, doors, and ceilings, keep the following in mind:
- Examine the walls for marks and, if necessary, clean or touch up with paint.
- Light switches and electrical outlets should be cleaned and polished.
- Remove cobwebs from ceilings with a long-handled duster, reaching into corners.
- Clean surfaces and door handles, as well as door tops and door frames, which collect dust at an alarming rate.
- Clean baseboards with a damp cloth.
- Clean the inside of windows (and mirrors); a spot-free finish can be achieved by using rolled up newspaper.
- Sills and window frames should be dusted and cleaned.
#2 Furniture, installations and accessories
Pay close attention to the following fixtures, fittings and furniture:
- Dust and clean the tops of cabinets, shelves, and cupboards if necessary.
- Mirrors, picture frames, and curtain rails should have clean tops.
- Light fixtures, lampshades, and even light bulbs need to be dusted.
- Tables, workstations and dressers, for example, should be dusted and polished.
- Take the cushions off the sofa and hit them.
- Remove the cushions from the sofa and clean it.
- Examine the inside of drawers and cabinets, then clean or empty them as needed.
A thorough cleaning of the bathroom is necessary. It needs to be spotless whether you’re a tenant cleaning for an inspection or a landlord preparing for new tenants.
This is what you should focus on:
- Clean and shine sink, faucets and fixtures. A shimmery shine can be achieved with vinegar or lemon juice.
- Apply the same care to the bathtub, paying special attention to possible lime or hard water stains.
- The bathroom. It’s not nice, but you have to do it… A toilet brush, sanitizer and rubber gloves are required. Soak the toilet in cleaner from the rim down for 10 minutes, then scrub before cleaning the outer regions.
- Clean all tiles with an old toothbrush, removing any mold from the grout.
- Remove lime scale from the shower tray and shower screens, then clean the shower head until it shines.
- Clean shower rods or radiators.
- Use a patented unblocker to clear obstacles in the tub or sink if the water drains slowly.
- Clean exhaust fans, which are often a trap for dust.
The kitchen is probably the most used area in the house, as well as the dirtiest. The kitchen, along with the bathroom, is the most crucial to keep clean.
This is what we will be looking for:
- Clean the hob thoroughly, removing removable parts and cleaning them separately. Before using specialized cleaning and a lot of effort, you will probably need to moisten the surface of the plate.
- Degrease and clean the oven.
- Clean all counters and surfaces.
- Thoroughly clean the kitchen sink, being careful not to damage the stainless steel cabinets, and remove scale from the faucets and other fixtures.
- Clean the inside and outside of the fridge/freezer, including the rubber gasket.
- Containers and container areas must be emptied, cleaned and disinfected.
- Clean the exhaust fan, including the filter, of grease and dirt.
- Make sure all cabinets and drawers are empty and clean inside and out.
- Clean the wall tiles with an old toothbrush again, this time to remove any dirty grout.
- Leaves the floor spotless.
- Clean the inside and outside of the microwave, as well as other small appliances like toasters and kettles.
- Make sure all cutlery, as well as cups, plates, and other provided items, are clean and stored in drawers.
- Clean the interior and exterior of all larger equipment, such as the dishwasher, washer, and dryer.
Rugs are one of the most noticeable features of any space, and are often the source of discord. The most comprehensive approach to cleaning a carpet is to use a steam cleaning machine, which you can rent or have a professional do for you. Even if you’re using a machine, vacuum first and remove any furniture so you can thoroughly clean the rug.
Many types of stains can be removed with a good steam clean, but the carpet will take many hours to drycompletely. It should be the last thing you do, and you should work your way back to the exit gate!
i need help with it Carpet cleaning? Hire a professional today!
Don’t overlook the first thing a potential renter will see: outside of the property. Make sure there is no litter, that wheelie bins are empty and clean, and that lawns and flower beds are mowed and weeded. Leaves and other debris should be swept from any patio or deck area, and embedded dirt or mold should be flushed away.
You are now in the ideal position to find wonderful new tenants and maximize the rent you can charge because Your house is completely clean inside and out.
Hire a professional end-of-lease cleaning service
If you don’t have the time or money to take a professional exam End of lease cleaning, Don’t worry. MyConstructor End of Lease Cleaning Services are here to help!
Through our platform, You can easily find end of lease cleaners across the UK and compare their prices and reviews to choose the one that suits your needs.
All you need to do is Visit our website and let us know how many rooms in the property need to be cleaned. Choose the date that suits you best and that’s it!