The planes are being loaded for take off.
Jets general manager Joe Douglas has been a very busy man since he took office in June 2019 – with his first official draft and the 2020 offseason, Douglas’s stamp has yet to really be made on the team.
With a treasure trove of picks in 2021, Douglas’s plan is in place: While the Jets have been short of wins the past two seasons, the signing of Robert Saleh in 2021 and the picking of Zach Wilson signify the three pillars of the NFL. The building franchises – GM, HC, QB – are now firmly in place.
Unfortunately for New York, they are still on the ground floor of a rebuild, but things could change very quickly if Douglas has another top-tier draft like his 2021 attempt.
This is where the Jets pick in 2022:
2022 Jets draft picks
In total, jets currently have nine selections in the 2022 NFL Draft.
Joe Douglas has been a busy man, managing and handing out players and picks, preparing the jets for a great 2022 draft. Some top picks are out of his own control; The Seahawks sent a first-round pick to the Jets for Jamal Adams in 2020, and the Panthers traded picks for Sam Darnold in 2021.
- First round selection (own)
- First-round pick (via Seattle in the Jamal Adams trade)
- Second round selection (own)
- Second-round pick (via Carolina on the Sam Darnold trade)
- Third round selection (own)
- Fourth-round pick (via Carolina on the Sam Darnold trade)
- Fourth-round pick (via Minnesota on Chris Herndon trade)
- Fifth round selection (own)
- Fifth-round pick (via Pittsburgh in the Avery Williamson trade)
Additionally, the Jets sent a sixth-round pick to the Eagles for quarterback Joe Flacco. If Flacco plays 50 percent of the plays in four games, that selection carries over to